Saturday, January 26


Today I arrived in France to start a little new life for myself,
to learn myself and others,
and thus far it's left me completely breathless.
My apartment is ancient and gorgeous,
and the people I share it with are intricate and fascinating.
There's a darling little lonely breakfast table in the courtyard that I will be exploring as a breakfast nook soon,
I saw a cat keeping it company today through my window.
The weather is mild and inviting, and the people mysteriously beautiful.
I flew over the French Alps on the way here, and was completely besotted.
This land somehow reaches me in a way nowhere else does.
Watching those mountains pass, with etched valleys and rivers slipping between them,
like some ancient fable,
I fell completely in love,
at first sight,
with the country of France.
This is going to be an incredible five months,
I invite you to share them with me.




9 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm excited to see and hear more! Especially photos of your apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Are you traveling and working? Volunteering? Why did you choose France? How very exciting. (You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for a little while. Love your perspective!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am traveling and studying actually :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is truly an incredible view. Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:09 AM

    i'm so excited! i hope you enjoy your stay! i can't wait to see the photos and know the news from france :-D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an exciting journey! I cannot wait to see more. lovely photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your photographs. congratulations on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i feel kind of enthusiastic and excited even though i'm not the one in france alone.
    so glad to find your blog. looking forward to seeing updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't wait to see france through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete